Wednesday 31 December 2014

Time for a new chapter!

Ummm! So, 2014 is almost coming to an end. Like everyone, I too have a lot of goals, some resolutions, promises and "things-to-do" for 2015!
This period of the year gets me thinking a lot more than usual! I re-visit the whole year in mind and analyze certain things like how much of it was 'good' and 'bad' and usually make a note of it in my journal.
2014 has been a great year even if just means my little accomplishments as an Entrepreneur (first time), Musician, artist, teacher, student,gardener and as a person. I am happy and darn proud of it :)
This year I found a very different side of me. I started The Kreative Kottage my baby maiden project! I had never before even thought one day I would end up making jewelry , forget making it for others, I never even thought I 'could' make something so amazing! I really never thought that side of me even existed! It was somewhere around February that i was bit by this bug called "Quilling" and fell head over heels in love with it ! I have always made cards for my loved ones even as a little kid, so this whole idea of making personalized cards using the technique of Quilling was a pleasant surprise. I was pleased with my work :) It was just around that time, that I was uploading a few pictures on my profile and my work was well received and almost everyone suggested that I create a page dedicated to my work, and only after a month or so I really thought about it and finally gave it a shot! March 12th 2014 was the big day :) I started learning new techniques, how to protect the paper jewelry from water and dust etc. It was a lot of trial and error before i thought they were good enough to be sold off, because I wanted to make sure my 'customers' felt really good using something that I have made and for they have paid! So I took all the care and precautions to make my products reliable and lasting. Happy to say I had about 100 orders in a span of 4-5 months. I took a long break in between and I am yet to resume to work. Hopefully from January I will be able to start taking orders.

During the same time of the year I fell in love with Organic Gardening, this surely deserves a special post. Very soon I will blog about it with many pictures of my little harvests from my terrace garden :)

These two were the main highlights from this year..something I would cherish forever!

Otherwise, it was a lovely year with some ups and downs, many lessons for life, many new experiences, a few new friendships and loads of memories to cherish for times to come!

I am really grateful for everything that happened this year. Would love to see myself as a better person in 2015.

A few promises to self --

* To stop complaining about the things I do not have and instead shift my focus to EVERYTHING that I am blessed with and to show gratitude for the same.

*To be more musically involved. To practice music daily.

*To stop procrastinating.

*To be productive, smart and sharp.

*To master time management.

*To walk daily.

*To be positively inclined and avoid negativity in any measure.

*To have a lot of "me time" .

*To do more of what makes my soul sing & dance with joy.

*To travel a little if not a lot ;)

*To start learning Samskrit and Kannada like a dedicated student.

*To read a LOT of books. (Kannada and English)

*To learn driving a four-wheeler.

*Reduce a lot of weight naturally with hard work and balanced diet. To be health conscious.

*To be environment friendly. To not litter. To carry a bag always. To avoid plastic. To segregate waste.

*To be content with my present wardrobe and not to buy more clothes.

*To start saving up some money instead of spending it all on useless things.

*To appreciate every little thing in this universe. To be calm. To be more patient than before. To be more tolerating. To be more humble than ever.

*To be kind, compassionate, affectionate and loving towards everyone.

*To be of some use to someone, someday, somewhere.

*To dream big. To work harder.

*To declutter all the negative people and also the people who matter less from life for ever.

*To spend very little time on social networking sites.

*To meditate. To observe myself. To be more alert about myself.

*To blog more often!


Hmmmm! that sure looks like a big..err BIG! list ;) Really wish I  to achieve atleast half of it :)

Well, its the last day of 2014 and I think I have done the right thing by writing a blog post ;)

Like every single day, my only prayer is to the world, the universe and beyond.
I hope, pray and wish the best for every living creature in the universe.
"Sarve janaha sukhino bhavanthu" --- this has always been my prayer :)

Lastly, I would like to salute the creator for everything he has been kind enough to bless everyone with. Thank you lord for this life. The very fact that I am alive, breathing, able to see, hear, touch, smile and think are more than enough reasons to feel happy, blessed and humbled.

A big round of applause to 2015!
A very happy new year to everyone! :)

Spread love,happiness and positivity everywhere you go!

Much love,
Kavya


 










No comments:

Post a Comment